BIOMAN

BIOMAN

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Changing of Guard

It has been days since a new Wimbledon Champion was crowned.
I am not at all shocked by the result. I am just plain disappointed.

Rafael Nadal, Men's Wimbledon Champion 2008.

After fighting for 5 long sets, Roger Federer succumbed his crown to 'Rafa' after netting a forehand. Damn. It must have been a very tough year for him.

He has only won some minor tournaments this year. I'm not used to it.

He lost in the Australian Open semifinal and French Open final. I thought that his loss at the French Open would be the most depressing thing. He was bagelled in that match.

But come Wimbledon, I proved myself wrong. The most depressing loss is yet to come.

Roger Federer probably agrees. He said in an interview that losing this year's Wimbledon is “Probably my hardest loss, by far” .

When Roger lost the 1st set 4-6, I told myself to sleep. I tried to do it but I couldn't. I got up from bed and turned on the TV. Rafa's now leading, 6-4, 6-4. Poof. I know that this is it.

A new champion will be crowned. Federer's backhand is just too vulnerable. Rafa just needs to serve on that side and he gets the point. When he's in danger in a rally, he just gives it to the backhand and he'll win the point.

As shitty as Federer's backhand was, He was still able to push Rafa to 5 sets.
This should make me feel happy. Somehow.



No comments: